Indoor and Outdoor Gunshot Detection Solution
Every Second Counts
Gun violence is felt everywhere in America and is a rapidly rising issue that continues to affect the safety of our schools, local businesses, places of worship, and other public venues.
According to the Department of Homeland Security, "active shooter events have become an almost weekly threat in the United States."
Additionally, it takes an average of 5 minutes before the first 911 call is made and another 5-10 minutes for law enforcement to arrive at the scene in the event of an active-shooting. Every second counts when it comes to the safety of children, staff, customers, and tenants.
Due to this rising threat, gunshot detection systems are actively being deployed in communities throughout the country. With Wytec's Gunshot Detection solution in place...
- Indoor and Outdoor gunshots are immediately detected within facilities.
- First responders, law enforcement, and security staff are instantly notified, resulting in reduced response times.
- Casualties and injuries are proven to be eliminated or minimized.
How It Works
- EAGL’s patented FireFly® and DragonFly™ sensors capture the energy levels of the event through waveform analysis at the device.
- Both indoor and outdoor gunshots can be detected
- The patented technology (developed by the Department of Energy (DOE)) uses advanced algorithms to analyze energy levels & waveforms (not sound)
- Data is then further analyzed by the EAGL server
- 911 dispatch notification
- Pre-set digital and PA notifications sent
- Locking of access-controlled doors
- Live video streaming of event to incident coordinator
- API software alerts to 3rd-party systems
Our Technology Partner
Wytec International partners with EAGL Technology to deliver a technology that was developed by the Department of Energy (DOE) in response to the Sandy Hook Active Shooter Incident. It uses advanced algorithms to analyze firearm discharge event energy levels and waveforms before wirelessly transmitting this data to EAGL's Servers for further analysis and Adaptive Response launch. This technology is the only gunshot detection technology based on algorithmic analysis of the event.
The system can be deployed indoors or outdoors to include panic stations and body-worn applications, and it may be integrated with 3rd-Party API software to develop a truly customized solution.
EAGL's FireFly has been named a Designated Technology under the Safety Act by the Department of Homeland Security and received numerous awards.
Interested in a Pilot Project?
If active-shooter or other security deployment systems are important to you, and you are interested in a pilot project for your organization, we would love to talk to you! Reach out to our experts today!
If your facility has poor wireless signal, Wytec can provide a pilot of our services to support your in-building cellular coverage, as well.
To learn more about our wireless and public safety solutions, fill out the form below and one of our representatives will be with you shortly.